Friday, March 13, 2020

#EndofCall & Frontline Healthcare Workers who died fighting CoVID-19

When a peace officer or other first responder dies in the line of duty, there is a very solemn End of Watch ritual at the memorial where the dispatcher calls out the call sign and then signs off, sometime with the phrase "End of Watch."  Listen to the recordings, it will bring tears to you eyes.

In my own way, for the past several years, I have been honoring physicians who have died.  I have lost several friends who are physicians and done my bit to remember them.  Physicians are known worldwide to be "On Call" for our patients, and as such, I have memorialized those close to me on social media with the hashtag #EndofCall.

There is a grim project undertaken by a very kind soul, Jim Duehr, in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.  He is compiling a list of frontline workers, many of whom are physicians, who have given their lives fighting the disease.  His pinned tweet on twitter feed is here.  

The document is available at:

We are going to lose a lot more physicians in the next coming weeks and months.  We will also lose nurses, techs, and other frontline healthcare workers.  While I can't speak to the rituals for other health care workers, I urge you to memorialize the fallen Physicians with the hashtag #EndOfCall.

Our small bit, to remember those who sacrificed their lives for humanity.

As of 03/13/2020

Roberto Stella
Vahid Monsef    
Zhongming Mei 
Sisi Xia  
Yinhua Peng
Zhiming Liu         
Wenliang Li
Wudong Liang

 #EndOfCall & Rest in peace my colleagues.







No comments:

Post a Comment