Monday, April 21, 2014

Ganesh Puja at the inauguration of my blog


Original Image credited to it's creator: Sanjay Patel at gheehappy.com 
Image From: http://archive.wired.com/table_of_malcontents/2006/11/ghee_happy_the_/  accessed 21 April 2014



Before embarking on a new endeavor, Hindus perform a puja for Lord Ganesh.  This is my online attempt to do the same by posting one of my favorite pictures of Lord Ganesh.  Sanjay Patel is one of our favorite authors and illustrators, we have several of his books and he has done amazing work.  Having done the puja and properly credited the creator, it's time to get started on this blog!

My identity is self evident based on the link to my twitter feeds to the right.  If you want to know more, please follow the links.  My blog, ABCD MD is meant to be a creative outlet for my concerns and also serve as journal for thoughts about myriad topics.  Face it, the most boring thing at a party is when several docs get together and start talking shop.  Most of us actually have other interests besides medicine, and this is my attempt to explore them. 

Why do I have two twitter accounts?  It's not that I am confused or have a split personality. As an employee of a state institution, I have to be careful of what I say in my professional capacity as a physician.  Additionally, my personal opinions about life (i.e, non medical stuff) would clutter up the utility of a medically oriented twitter handle.  Hence, the two twitter accounts. 

I would not have had the courage to pull this off without the support of my wife and children, whom I love to the stars and back.  This blog is dedicated to them.

- ABCD MD


Disclaimer:
This blog pro­vides gen­eral infor­ma­tion and dis­cus­sion about med­i­cine, health and related sub­jects.  The words and other con­tent pro­vided in this blog, and in any linked mate­ri­als, are not intended and should not be con­strued as med­ical advice. If the reader or any other per­son has a med­ical con­cern, he or she should con­sult with an appropriately-licensed physi­cian or other health care worker.
Never dis­re­gard pro­fes­sional med­ical advice or delay in seek­ing it because of some­thing you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a med­ical emer­gency, call your doc­tor or 911 immediately.
The views expressed on this blog and web­site have no rela­tion to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other insti­tu­tion with which the author is affiliated.

No comments:

Post a Comment